Unleash Your Inner Gorilla and Learn to Play Ukulele: Lessons from a Singing Telegram CEO
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Texas Medical Association
401 W. 15th Street
Austin, TX 78701 (map)
Free for TSAE Members / $20 Non-Member
CAE Hours: 1
About the Program
How would you like to be more engaged and motivated at work? Would you like to get more done and have more fun? That’s what unleashing your inner gorilla can do for you.
And the people who work for you – how can you unleash the inner gorilla in them? How do you build up your team so they don’t start looking around for opportunities at other organizations?
During this presentation, Singing Telegrams of Austin CEO Mardi Wareham will demonstrate:
- The basics of how to play the ukulele. The ukulele is easy to learn and a wonderful team building tool. Each attendee will get to play a ukulele and learn some easy songs.
- How to break out of your comfort zone even if you hate being in new situations.
- How to offer original experiences to your clients and customers, so they value what you have to offer.
About the Speaker
Mardi Wareham has been CEO of Singing Telegrams of Austin for nine years and Chief Strummer at Play That Uke Team Building for three years. As a singing telegram performer, she dresses as a gorilla, chicken, Kermit the Frog, Julia Child, Queen Elizabeth and other notable characters. She sings to people to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, get wells and other occasions.
She also teaches groups of people in the corporate workplace to play ukulele as a team building activity. She has seen firsthand how playing the ukulele is a great stress buster and a natural way for people to collaborate and connect. Mardi believes everyone should experience the joy of working on a great team. Prior to starting her innovative businesses, she held positions in marketing and corporate communication in the insurance, education and nonprofit sectors. She has a degree in journalism from Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada. Mardi and her ukulele moved from Canada to Austin 13 years ago. She is very happy living in the Live Music Capitol of the World.
Learn @ Lunch is a quick and easy way to get education and networking with little interruption to your work week. Bring your lunch, meet with your peers and learn about some of today's hottest association topics from a speaker or in an idea-sharing setting while you eat. (Includes 1 CAE hour)
- February 20 (TCEA Conference Center)
- March 6 (Austin Board of REALTORS)
- April 24 (Austin Apartment Association)
- May 29 (Austin Apartment Association)
- June 12 (Austin Board of REALTORS)
- August 7 (Austin Board of REALTORS)
- October 16 (Texas Medical Association)
- November 27 (Texas Medical Association)
Transfers/substitutions are welcome prior to the date of the program. Cancelations received in writing at the TSAE office five (5) business days prior to the program will receive a refund – minus a 20% percent handling fee. If you do not cancel or transfer prior to the program date, the entire fee is non-refundable.
TSAE is a CAE Approved Provider. Every program that we offer which qualifies for CAE credit will clearly identify the number of CAE credits granted for full participation, and we will maintain records of your participation in accord with CAE policies.