The Good, the Bad, the Ugly: Pitching to Your Board
Tuesday, August 22
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Austin Board of REALTORS®
Canyon View Event Center
4800 Spicewood Springs Road Austin, Texas 78759 (map)
Free for TSAE Members / $20 Non-Member
CAE Hours: 1
About the Program
Have you ever…
- Thought of the BEST idea, but it was turned down by your board?
- Said to yourself, they don't understand association management?
- Gotten blank stares and silence after presenting?
Pitching to your board is a daunting task that can have a negative impact on your organization or even yourself. In this interactive session led by Taylor Jackson, CAE, Director of Business Development, Austin Apartment Association, she'll use real examples to give you real solutions to help you become a better association professional.
- Three phases of pitching to your board
- Messaging & presentation techniques that work
- Handling questions when things get heated
- What to do in the aftermath of unexpected outcomes
Learn @ Lunch is a quick and easy way to get education and networking with little interruption to your work week. Bring your lunch, meet with your peers and learn about some of today's hottest association topics from a speaker or in an idea-sharing setting while you eat. (Includes 1 CAE hour)
- February 7 (Austin Board of Realtors)
- March 7 (Texas Nurses Association)
- April 18 (TCEA)
- May 23 (Texas Association of School Boards)
- June 13 (Texas Medical Association)
- August 22 (Austin Board of Realtors)
- October 17 (Texas Medical Association)
- November 14 (Texas Association of School Business Officials)
Transfers/substitutions are welcome prior to the date of the program. Cancelations received in writing at the TSAE office five (5) business days prior to the program will receive a refund – minus a 20% percent handling fee. If you do not cancel or transfer prior to the program date, the entire fee is non-refundable.
TSAE is a CAE Approved Provider. Every program that we offer which qualifies for CAE credit will clearly identify the number of CAE credits granted for full participation, and we will maintain records of your participation in accord with CAE policies.