Whether you’re looking for your first job in the association industry or ready to take the next step to advance your career, the TSAE Career Center is a one stop place to search open positions, get career development tools and apply directly to a posting.
Have a position to fill at your organization? Post your job and reach qualified candidates who are seeking employment in the association industry.
Find a Job
Search open positions by location or keyword.
Post a Job
Post an open position or search resumes online.
Career Development Tools
Get resources on career tips and coaching, resume writing, and networking.
Need help with a posting or applying for a job? Contact Boxwood Technologies at 1-800-331-2177 or visit them online at www.boxwoodtech.com.
- Conference & Event Coordinator | Texas Mortgage Bankers Association - Austin, Texas, State trade association has an opportunity for an energetic self-starter who is detailed oriented, adept at managing multiple assignments, excellent problem-solving skills, and enjoys working with a small staff and volunteers. The ideal candidate should have excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, professional appearance and attitude even when under pressure, as well as membership association/nonprofit experience. Responsibilities include planning and managing the logistical functions for all TMBA conferences, board meetings, and events including, but not limited to budget preparation, site/contract negotiation, onsite setups (meeting space, catering, special event planning, audio/visual, etc), room reservations, sponsors & exhibitor relations; and speaker communications/coordination. The position will assist in the development of registration procedures, promotional materials and websites, and serve as staff liaison with hotel staff, vendors, conference committee members, and speakers. Bachelor’s degree from a four year college/university, or related experience, and/or equivalent combination of education. Travel is required. Must have the physical ability to attend meetings, conventions and other events, which may be held in large convention facilities with various accessibility, and maneuver through such facilities to perform a broad variety of duties.
- Membership and Alumni Records Coordinator | Ex-Students Association of the University of Texas - Austin, Texas, Position Overview Do you want to build your career at a place that values people, culture, and connection? Do you want to work on behalf of a mission that you can feel good about? The Membership & Alumni Records Coordinator is a vital role at the Texas Exes that serves as the frontline of communication between the association and more than 500,000 alumni of The University of Texas living around the world. In addition to being a people person and a natural in hospitality and customer service, this individual processes membership and maintains alumni records, and ensures data integrity for all records within our database. Major Job Functions Data integrity Update alumni records daily to reflect the most current biographical information. Assist Membership Manager with critical database updates associated with graduation. Problem solve membership and/ or data integrity issues utilizing daily de-duping, loading, and exporting tools for alumni data using Salesforce and Excel. Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of internal processes within our website and CRM Reconcile payment issues with accounting team and identifies problems, recommends improvements and institutes changes. Reporting Oversee membership fulfillment process for 110k+ members and work directly with fulfillment vendor. Create reports and dashboards in the CRM. Process all membership transactions daily along with Membership Administrator (includes lockbox batches of mailed in remit forms, online submissions, gift memberships, and special requests). Commit processed batches and run mass action configuration to create memberships. Customer Service Monitor and respond to customer service inquiries through multiple channels including email, phone, and web. Provide excellent customer service in a timely manner creating positive customer service interactions. Track and report on Customer Service inquiry volume. JOB DESCRIPTION Other Skills/Abilities/Success Factors Increase the accuracy of membership records through developing new innovative processes. In-depth knowledge of membership benefits and general knowledge of all association events and programs Accuracy with attention to detail is crucial to success in membership processing. Excellent customer service via phone, email, and personal contact. The Texas Exes prides itself on being a family-oriented and fulfilling working environment. We are a close-knit team of mission-driven people who get the job done. We offer our full-time employees a highly competitive benefits package (generous 401K match, fully paid health premium options with employer contribution into an HSA, and free parking—just to name a few), and a professional culture that rewards and acknowledges hard work, creativity, and loyalty. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION Send resume, cover letter, references, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to put “Membership & Alumni Records Coordinator” in the subject line and state where you saw this posting . No phone calls please. www.TexasExes.org The Texas Exes alumni association is an Equal Opportunity Employer Essential Job Requirements Ability to work independently or as a team when necessary Experience working with Salesforce Ability to use word, excel, outlook and to learn new software applications Excellent attention to detail Strong strategic thinking capability Strong problem solving ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues Ability to provide high level customer service Ability to effectively communicate issues and processes to direct supervisor Ability to attend occasional evening and weekend events
- Director of Education and Events | Houston BOMA - Houston, Texas, The role of the Education and Events Director is to oversee the planning and execution of all Houston BOMA educational offerings and events. This role is responsible for developing strategies to produce relevant and productive events with a specific focus on driving value and ROI for attendees, exhibitors, and Houston BOMA. This individual will also be tasked with executing educational classes for specific designations within the industry, as well as beneficial educational seminars for members. It is the responsibility of the manager to coordinate every facet of these events from concept, budgeting, scheduling, sponsorship, and final execution. This person will need to work effectively and efficiently across technology platforms to support the creation, management, tracking, and evaluation of educational programs and events. Position Requirements Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to: Education and Events Serve as the staff team leader on all assigned programs, committees, and events, with primary responsibility for the planning, execution, and performance of all initiatives within assigned areas. Coordinate every aspect of the planning for assigned programs and special events. Working with the VP of Operations and CEO, monitor and prepare reports on event revenues and expenditures. Provide on-site coordination with venue staff and attend to all event-related details, including registration and check-in, audio-visual system, food service, and other concerns to ensure a high-quality experience for members and guests. Provide oversight and attention to all on site event details related to audio visual set up, food service, guest experience and liaison to event venue staff. Serve as the primary staff liaison to assigned Committees, and work with Committee Chairs to establish the Committees’ work plans, including programmatic design and event logistics. Coordinate with other staff on events for which they are assigned responsibility and serve as a resource for other staff members who produce events in their departments. Work with Marketing Director to prepare marketing collateral, copy, and other promotional materials. Perform various administrative functions, including data management, maintenance of monthly calendar, scheduling, and correspondence. Prepare and meet event budgets; negotiate contract terms for host facility/entertainment and speakers within budget; ensure events are appropriately staffed with staff and volunteers. Work with Director of Membership to retain members through excellent customer service and outreach. Develop relationships with members to understand their needs better. Regularly review the event planning process to ensure the best pricing and consistent quality and determine efficiencies and/or enhancements. This will include, but not be limited to, the quality, price, and features of the venues, catering, and outside support services. Provide strategic guidance to the Board, Committee Chairs and fellow staff members on all areas related to education and events, including financial, marketing, planning, and fulfillment. Ensure that all education and events, even those not within assigned areas, are aligned with the Board-directed Mission, Vision, and strategic objectives. Identify and implement ways to best leverage all educational programs and events to support the organization’s membership, financial, and advocacy goals. Oversee the development and execution of designated courses and seminars. This role is charged with creating and managing a budget approved by the Board of Directors and coordinating all the details and logistics that go into providing excellent education and events for our membership. The Education and Events Director will also be responsible for providing staff support to multiple Houston BOMA committees tasked with providing educational and networking opportunities to the membership. Qualifications 3-5 years of experience in event management. Experience developing educational programs is a plus. Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 2+ years of association management experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail and organization skills. Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines. Ability to take initiative, work independently and as a member of a team, learn new information and skills quickly, and think creatively and strategically. Exceptional negotiation and interpersonal skills. Capable of providing excellent customer service and enjoys working with people. Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite required. To Apply Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online at the link below (no phone calls). Applications will be accepted through May 31 st We will not consider applications without a cover letter tailored to this position. Applicants selected for an interview will agree to pre-interview testing. Houston BOMA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability. Learn More : www.houstonboma.org Houston BOMA offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. We offer a comprehensive health benefits plan. Other benefits include short-term disability, life insurance, paid time off program, professional development, and a Simple IRA plan with employer matching.
- Part Time Meeting Planner/Program Manager | Texas Radiological Society - Remote - San Antonio or Austin, Job Overview TRS is a small staff organization and we are looking for a new part-time employee to join our fully remote team, preferably in San Antonio or Austin. We are looking for someone who possesses strong association experience and is comfortable handling multiple areas of responsibility within TRS. This position will be 10-15 hours weekly, with increased hours required prior to the annual meeting. Responsibilities and Duties Meeting planning for annual conference and other meetings as needed. Areas of responsibility include on-site staffing, food and beverage management, A/V, hotel logistics, registration management, etc. Special event planning for 2-3 small events throughout the year Act as primary staff for various TRS committees/sections including but not limited to: Resident Fellow, Medical Student, Young Professional, Informatics, Membership Manage and administer various webinar series Work on a variety of digital strategy initiatives as needed Manage TRS membership including retention, recruitment and database administration Encourage Career Center usage among TRS members Manage annual and meeting sponsorship programs/sales Send official member emails on behalf of the organization Other projects as requested Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, healthcare management or related field At least 5 years experience working for a professional association, preferably a medical association A home office set-up to effectively work remotely Skilled in MS Office, video conferencing, membership database (we use YourMembership), and website administration Outstanding leadership and communication skills Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism with members, vendors and staff Possess strong attention to detail Excellent problem-solving skills
- Senior Accountant | Texas Pharmacy Association - Austin, Texas, ABOUT THE TEXAS PHARMACY ASSOCIATION The Texas Pharmacy Association (TPA) is a strong voice for all Texas pharmacy professionals, promoting advocacy, continuing education and practice innovation by empowering pharmacists to improve patient outcomes. Founded in 1879, TPA is the only Texas organization that serves all Texas pharmacists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians regardless of practice setting. As a non-profit membership association, our leaders and staff work hard to elevate the profession and advance the practice of pharmacy. The independent Texas Pharmacy Foundation also works to advance the profession through research and scholarships. We are a small-staff association located in north-central Austin. ABOUT THE POSITION TPA is seeking an experienced professional with proven talent managing the financial needs and accounting practices of an organization. This is an in-office position. CPA preferred. Provides leadership, planning, management and execution of financial activities and initiatives. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following and other duties as may be assigned: FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING RESPONSIBILITIES Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure effective and efficient operation of the Association [501(c)(6)], Foundation [501(c)(3)], political action committee (PAC), and related entities. Manage and perform financial functions related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and cash, including maintenance of all backup documentation including monthly balance sheet reconciliations. Prepare monthly/quarterly/year-end financial statements. Manage annual budget process and provide monthly budget variance analysis. Audit preparation and oversight of annual audit activities. Ensure all federal, state and local tax filings are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion, including coordinating with outside accountants and providing supporting financial data as needed. Prepare and file quarterly sales tax returns. Prepare and file monthly Ethics reports. Direct tax, purchasing, real estate, investment, and insurance activities. Appraise the organization’s financial position and issue periodic reports on financial stability, liquidity, and growth. Analyze complex financial and other data and provide reports as needed to support program services. Makes recommendations or provides support in decision making through such data analysis. QUALIFICATIONS / EXPECTATIONS Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance CPA certification preferred Minimum 5 years of finance/accounting experience, preferably in non-profit or associations. Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills Well-organized, with ability to take direction and consistently meet deadlines Computer literate in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications with strong data management skills GAAP knowledge
- Contract Meeting Planner | Association of Progressive Rental Organizations - Austin, Texas, We are seeking a Contract Meeting Planner to work with our national nonprofit association based in Austin, Texas! CMP preferred, 8+ years experience required Austin area preferred Accustomed to working behind the scenes to execute events for clients Scope of Work Manage contract terms to ensure all deadlines are met and responsibilities are executed. Hotel Room block management Work with CEO to create promotional language for the convention. Update production schedule matrix daily with changes. Work as team liaison with vendors for production of the convention Audio Visual Food and Beverage Off-site venues Security Transportation Photography Shipping Onsite registration and meeting planning assistance Require and record weekly room pickup records. Track registration counts weekly. Keep convention history for comparison. Create detailed agenda of all events at the convention for distribution to involved parties. Work with CEO to create scripts and agendas for individual events; General Session and Awards Banquet’ Create “Convention Onsite Folder” of all materials involved in the planning of the convention, either hard copy or online. Work with Chief Executive Officer on dates/schedule for ICW meetings. Programming Manage speaker confirmations, bios and headshots Coordinate education session logistics including scripts, room monitors, supplies, handouts, etc. Notify all speakers of requirements for their presentation. Collect presentation materials for distribution to attendees either by print or online Arrange for recording and online access of educational seminars through Operations Director Communications Collaborate with editor, social media specialist and ops director on creation of copy for online and print brochures and literature pertaining to membership, meetings, and education as noted above. Finance Responsible for providing proposals and quotes for review and implementing decisions made by leadership Create detailed budgets for all income/expenses related to meetings and conventions. Contract Specifications: May – June: 20 hours a week July - August: 30-40 hours per week Convention travel dates: August 8-13 Proposals accepted through May 16 CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCATED IN THE AUSTIN METROPOLITAN AREA. Send your proposal and a short introduction directly for consideration: email@example.com .
- Digital Media Specialist | Association of Progressive Rental Organizations - Austin, Texas, We are hiring! Join our team as Digital Media Specialist for a national nonprofit association based in Austin, Texas! We have the best of all worlds, embracing a work-from-home model while meeting in person as a team monthly and once a week 1:1s. We travel together to fun cities like Tampa, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Washington DC, and Nashville. Travel averages 2-3 days/nights per month. Position summary The Digital Media Specialist tells the story of APRO to members and the public through multiple communications channels and drives engagement with APRO. They enhance the membership experience by engaging with followers on social media platforms, creating multimedia assets to enhance interactions with the brand, and works to conceptualize, develop, and edit content for key communications vehicles that spotlight APRO initiatives. Position specific duties Manages the social media editorial calendar to ensure the Association is strategically sharing messages via APRO’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and others. Monitors and tracks discussion topics on the Association’s social media platforms and others. Uses information to help develop and enhance the member/nonmember digital experience with APRO. Monitors APRO’s social media platforms to ensure that content posted by other users is appropriate, that APRO responds to comments and queries, and that APRO postings support the Association’s strategies and goals. Monitors discussions related to the Association and the profession on other platforms. Works to maintain social media optimization through targeted content and key words. Runs analytics to track usage patterns, makes appropriate changes in approach to maximize results, and shares information with all staff. Serves as a guide in determining the types of information shared on social media, appropriate frequency, and customizes messages for each platform. Uses analytics to determine timing of posts with the intention of reaching audiences. Works with CEO to create original video content for the website, social media posts, and podcasts to enhance APRO’s mission. Creates and/or edits short promotional videos. Writes scripts for CEO. Sources stories and topics by listening to the community on social and watch analytics to find what resonates with the audience. Supports the website by posting information related to area of work and assists in keeping the website up to date. Helps the team to ensure that digital content on the website meets member needs and adheres to best practices for SEO. Assists with communications aspects of the website related to multimedia content, such as fixing links, enhancing page layouts, and managing documents. Keeps abreast of trending stories by monitoring and tracking mentions of occupational therapy in the news. Assists in implementation of the Association’s media relations campaigns when needed. Stays abreast of the changing digital technologies, specifically social media platforms, and guides staff on the sustainable adoption and utilization of these platforms and all of their capabilities. Ability to take photographs when needed at association events, and to select appropriate graphics or stock photos to accompany social posts. Archive and organize association photos. Other duties as assigned. Education, experience, skills Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in communications, technology, or a related field. Two or more years of related work experience in communications, technology, social media, media relations, video production, or related field and/or Association Management. A different combination of formal education and experience will be considered. Working knowledge of social media strategies, video and audio production, posting and editing content with a CMS, and other technology as appropriate. Master level professional experience with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and associated platform capabilities and technologies. Knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Hootsuite, Microsoft Office, CRMs, HTML, Google Analytics, Slack a plus. Excellent writing/editing skills. Strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality. Must demonstrate good judgement and mature business skills, a high level of organizational and time management skills, and flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations. Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously. Comfortability interacting with Association professionals at all levels. Skilled in critical thinking, analysis, and determining project direction. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be available to travel on short notice. Our team culture is collaborative, member-focused, and solutions-oriented, while making time for team connection and celebrating our wins. We have a healthy balance of innovation and stability. We’d love to hear which of these are your strengths and figure out how you might be our next addition to our team of creative leaders. We enjoy working together and are looking for a team member who will add positivity, skills, and poise to our leadership team. Excellent benefits: 100% paid health, dental, and vision insurance premium Competitive salary Paid time off and paid holidays 401k retirement plan Life insurance and disability Annual bonuses Work-from-home Local Austin-based team National travel CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCATED IN THE AUSTIN METROPOLITAN AREA. Accepting applications through June 1. Send your resume and a short introduction directly for consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Legal Manager | Texas Hospital Association - Austin, Texas, Under direction of the Senior Vice President and General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer, the Legal Manager is responsible for day-to-day office functions of the Legal and Regulatory Compliance department, including but not limited to providing administrative support for Legal and Compliance Department personnel, assisting with the development of department budget, promoting organizational efficiencies and identifying opportunities to close procedural gaps and eliminate redundancies. Additionally, the position supports THA’s advocacy functions by assisting with the coordination of efforts between the Legal and Government Relations departments. The position also implements aspects of THA’a compliance program. Responsibilities &Duties : Manages office functions, organizes work, establishing priorities and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships and communications both within the Legal and Regulatory Department. Prepares and submits expenses reports for department personnel and payment requests for dues statements and other department vendors. Prepares plans, reports, and annual data submissions for key internal and external stakeholders. In conjunction with attorneys, plans and organizes in-house counsel program offerings and submits program for CLE credit. Collaborates with the Education Department staff to plan THA educational offerings Develops subject-matter expertise in assigned policy areas, e.g., behavioral health, hospital compliance, emergency preparedness, in support of the Advocacy/ Government Relations division’s advocacy efforts and in order to identify and make recommendations on related policy, legislative, and regulatory proposals and assist in drafting communications to members within assigned areas. Assists the Chief Compliance Officer with the management of the organization's compliance program and is responsible for coordinating compliance program related staff acknowledgments and disclosures . During session years, assists with reviewing filed legislation and assigning to appropriate legal/advocacy/policy staff members, attends and/or monitors legislative hearings and regulatory agency meetings and summarizes meeting outcomes for legal and government relations staff. Skills and Abilities: Ability to maintain a professional, mature demeanor and be proficient at working with diverse personalities across all levels of the organization. Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders. Strong writing skills and oral communication skills. Ability to display high degree of judgment, discretion, and confidentiality. Ability to identify, troubleshoot and solve problems. Ability to handle multiple competing demands and prioritize projects on a day-to-day basis. Ability to think creatively and strategically. Proficient in MS Office Suite . Ability to travel up to 5% may be required Position involves hybrid in-person and work-from-home work model. THA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – regardless of race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. THA uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. You may visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ to learn more about E-Verify. Qualifications : Undergraduate degree or equivalent knowledge preferred. Minimum two years’ experience working in a trade association, or an in-house legal setting strongly preferred. Experience with projects development and implementation, trademark, service mark, business filings, software management, budget preparation and management, subject matter research on regulatory and policy issues and member engagement strongly preferred. Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines at once. Must have valid Texas Drivers’ License and proof of insurance if driving for THA related business.