Whether you’re looking for your first job in the association industry or ready to take the next step to advance your career, the TSAE Career Center is a one stop place to search open positions, get career development tools and apply directly to a posting.
Have a position to fill at your organization? Post your job and reach qualified candidates who are seeking employment in the association industry.
Find a Job
Search open positions by location or keyword.
Post a Job
Post an open position or search resumes online.
Career Development Tools
Get resources on career tips and coaching, resume writing, and networking.
Need help with a posting or applying for a job? Contact Boxwood Technologies at 1-800-331-2177 or visit them online at www.boxwoodtech.com.
- EMRA Publications Guru | American College of Emergency Physicians - Irving, TX, We’re looking for a motivated individual who abhors typos, thrives on deadlines, and can make peace with the Oxford comma. Our ideal candidate thrives on wearing many hats – not all of them editing-oriented. The Emergency Medicine Residents’ Association (EMRA) is a nonprofit association serving more than 16,000 emergency medicine physicians in training. EMRA is an independent organization managed by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP). We need a dedicated professional to edit and project-manage a wide range of clinical publications. You will work with internal teams, freelance professionals, print/electronic vendors, and association members. You will also maintain online content (including posting to the EMRA website), support our volunteer podcasting team, and plan new publications. Additionally, all staff support the EMRA board, committees, events, and campaigns as needed. This job is fast-paced and ever-changing. Qualifications include: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or a related field Five years’ related experience, including working with writers, graphic designers, freelance contractors, and printers Experience managing digital publications and apps Software requirements: Microsoft Office line, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft CRM database, web CMS Project management experience and ability to meet deadlines Occasional travel throughout the year (excluding COVID era) Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends Candidates must complete a communications exercise and an editing test if selected for an interview. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a tobacco-free environment. Visit our website at www.acep.org .
- Sr. Director/Director, Member and Board Relations | National Association of Manufacturers - Houston, TX, Position Summary: The Director, Member and Board Relations is responsible for the retention, growth and engagement of the NAM’s largest members and the NAM Board of Directors from a variety of manufacturing industry sectors. Additionally, this role works across the organization in partnership with the Membership Leadership Team, AVP, Strategic Development and relevant program leads to identify targets in region and solicit them for contributions to the MCLA, issue advocacy campaigns, sponsorships and additional fundraising programs as requested. Day to Day Responsibilities: Manage, retain and grow a $3M-plus portfolio of business. Additionally, in coordination with the VP/SVP identify the top prospects in region and develop sales plans to engage each company and bring them into membership. Clearly and effectively articulate the NAM value proposition to an executive audience both verbally and in writing. Leverage deep industry and public policy knowledge to identify potential dues increase targets and membership risks as well as opportunities to engage members in sponsorship and/or issue advocacy opportunities. Identifying and engaging the c-suite and government relations executives, and operational leaders across the company Researching, understanding and remaining well versed on the top issues of importance to each company; and Answering the question of what the NAM does to provide the most value for each company, citing specific examples of collaboration and assistance, advocacy advancement, and legislative, litigation and public perception “wins”. Conduct research, analyze financial information, and stay abreast of key policy and business issues of concern for members in your portfolio. Work with multiple touchpoints within the company including, but not limited to the CEO, General Counsel, Head of Government Relations, Head of Communications, Head of Human Resources, etc. Continuously work with multiple levels within the member company so that transitions are managed accordingly. Work effectively with internal policy, communications, legal and public affairs and mobilization and the Manufacturing Institute to implement and execute member engagement strategies. Develop a working knowledge of the industries in your region and their specific issue needs, economic outlook and niche within your membership base. Serve as the conduit between the NAM and each member company by successfully summarizing and communicating the needs, interests, business and policy challenges, and priorities of member companies back into the organization. Collect the necessary data and inputs from members to credibly act as the “voice of the member” during internal discussions. Find the right opportunities to engage other NAM teams and resources in identifying and furthering the members’ interests. On a quarterly basis, present your regions plan for growth including increases, new member sales, mitigating risks and driving additional revenue stream investment to internal leadership. Recruit, develop and involve c-suite executives to the NAM Board. Work closely with these executives and communicate with them on the NAM’s efforts on their key priorities. In conjunction with the Board Initiatives Team and Membership Leadership develop Board engagement plans and engage these leaders to help grow the NAM, and their investment in it. Develop and execute c-suite-level events and programming outside of Washington, DC and actively engage executives through these events. Staff the NAM Chairman, NAM President & CEO and NAM leadership in visits to key members and Board members in region and in Washington, DC SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: One, shared administrative support QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in political science or business preferred. A minimum of five years in public or corporate affairs, business management or high-level c-suite sales. Experience in association membership sales and retention as well as in developing external strategic alliances is preferred. Must be able to engage and maintain relationships with chief executive officers of member companies and other senior management. Must be goal oriented with demonstrated success in achieving growth in revenue. Must have a general understanding of the policy process and knowledge of legislative and regulatory issues in order to engage regularly with member companies. Must have a working knowledge of Association peers and competitors. Outstanding communication skills are essential. Must possess knowledge of database and spreadsheet software in addition to basic computer tools and be able to communicate adequately in writing. Is a skilled writer and communicator with demonstrated ability to synthesize information for a business audience as well as ghost-write from another’s perspective. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, quality and goal driven work environment.
- Government Relations Coordinator/Analyst | National Association of Dental Plans (NADP) - Dallas, Texas, NADP is seeking a full-time Government Relations Coordinator or Analyst poised for growth into governmental advocacy, who brings a combination of legislative research experience and familiarity with health policy to the role. NADP is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and maintains a 2-3 days per week telework policy after an initial 90-day trial period. All employees are working remotely during COVID, but preference will be given to those within a reasonable commuting distance to NADP’s office located in Dallas, Texas. NOTE: potential for 10 days of overnight travel per year (when safely permitted). DESCRIPTION : This position reports to the Director of Government and Regulatory Affairs and will work closely with other senior leaders in the organization and in NADP member companies. In this role you will support the public policy work of the association which includes: Monitoring legislation, regulations, and industry-related news at the state and federal level which affect the dental benefits industry Policy analysis including identifying important policy questions and supporting volunteer groups in developing responses to policy initiatives impacting the insurance industry Assisting with the execution of NADP’s state government relations strategy, including engagement with state government officials, government agencies, and other third-party organizations Compiling and dissemination of materials relating to NADP’s government relations priorities for use by NADP members and assisting in the support of NADP’s volunteers who are engaged state and federal policy initiatives Assisting with drafting white papers on various topics of concern and correspondence to legislators and regulators Assisting with the planning and implementation of legislative fly-ins or fundraising events, which could include scheduling appointments, promoting events, and producing handouts and packets Updating advocacy and government relations websites, as needed Other duties as assigned REQUIREMENTS: We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience: Government Relations Coordinator: A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 to 2 years of related experience in a health care or public policy field. Government Relations Analyst : A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 to 3 years of related work experience; or an advanced degree in a health care or public policy field with 1 year of related work experience. Experience using searchable bill tracking databases to monitor and report on legislative developments. Advanced ability to research and analyze policy and communicate findings in a variety of formats to a number of audiences. Understanding of political process and political advocacy techniques. Strong project management, strategic thinking, problem-solving, and organization skills. Accomplished verbal, presentation and writing skills: excellent communicator to a variety of audiences, including senior leaders. Strong computer skills including use of the internet and social media as well as Microsoft office products (Word and Excel). Background in legislative research or health policy analysis preferred. We are looking for a self-starter with excellent writing skills who requires minimal supervision after initial training. NADP is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and maintains a 2-3 days per week telework policy after an initial 90-day trial period. All employees are working remotely during COVID, but preference will be given to those within a reasonable commuting distance to NADP’s office located in Dallas, Texas. Salary & Benefits: Base salary benchmarked to ASAE for the DFW region based on level of experience with up to 5% bonus based on performance; $10,440 toward health/dental/vision premiums; matching contribution up to 5% of salary deferral into self-directed 401K (6-month waiting period for entry into 401K). NADP provides 7 holidays and 2 personal days with pay each year; 10 days of paid vacation (increases to 15 days with 10 years of employment); and one day of sick leave each month (can accrue to 240-hour maximum). Tuition assistance for position related course work are also provided. For candidates located in the Dallas, TX region, covered parking and use of gym in headquarters building is available. Send cover letter with resume to email@example.com. Include an example of similar work in a prior position and the reason(s) for your interest in the NADP position.
- Bookkeeper/Admin | Confidential - Austin, Texas, We are seeking an experienced detailed-oriented Bookkeeper to handle the finances of our organization. On a daily basis, you will record all financial transactions, including cash/credit card payments, post into the correct general ledger, and verify that entries are accurate. You will also be responsible for maintaining all financial records, completing required tax forms, making bank deposits, and generating regular monthly reports. Our ideal candidate has worked as a professional Bookkeeper for at least three years, and is proficiency in Quick Books. Experience in MemberClicks AMS a plus. Other duties as assigned. This is a permanent part-time position with flexible hours. Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Association and accounting experience are a must.
- Associate Implementation Consultant | MemberCentral - Remote, Have you become the de facto tech guru at your organization? Are you comfortable wrangling spreadsheets of data and unruly webpages? Do you derive great satisfaction in streamlining processes and problem solving? Do you have a knack for synthesizing complex and technical concepts into plain English? This might be the role for you! Providing high quality implementations is one of the most important things we do at MemberCentral. This job is for tech-savvy individuals who are adept at problem solving, collaboration, and project management. As an Associate Implementation Consultant you will meet with association executives and managers to understand their operations and help them achieve their organizational goals using the MemberCentral platform. The Associate Implementation Consultant is an expert in all MemberCentral applications and will use that knowledge to develop and execute a plan for deploying the customer websites and membership systems. We are a financially stable and growing private company based in Austin, providing an opportunity to implement websites and membership systems with client associations nationwide. Our company has transitioned to a fully remote workplace, so employees can work from anywhere, though preference will be given to applicants who live in the Central Texas area and will be able to attend periodic in-person meetings (post-COVID) without requiring significant travel. We have a competitive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision benefits, 9% employer contribution to 401(k), paid holidays, and vacation. Essential Functions and Responsibilities Develop and foster positive customer relationships. Present yourself over the phone and in writing in an upbeat and professional manner. Conduct in-depth discovery to understand customer’s priorities, processes, and requirements in order to deliver a well-tailored system setup. Manage project deadlines to ensure customer’s membership system and website are properly configured, tested, and deployed on time. Manage the migration of customer’s data Manage custom development work and communicate with engineering teams to ensure optimal solutions for customers Provide live training and support to customers via Zoom and email ticketing system; author client-specific knowledge materials. Identify areas in which the product can be improved to better serve customers’ needs. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all MemberCentral applications. Manage projects using standard documentation practices Knowledge, Skills & Abilities 1-3 years of Customer Service, Implementation, or Project Management experience in a SaaS environment OR 3-5 years in an Association role involving database and/or website management. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate in a professional, responsive and friendly manner. Competence with Microsoft Excel, including the ability to learn and successfully apply advanced tools, like Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP formulas, and macros. Ability to work independently and extended hours, if needed, in a fast-paced work environment Proven decision-making skills and multi-tasking abilities. High attention to detail and focus on producing quality work. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and/or backend programming languages helpful Design experience with Adobe or similar products helpful Website design/implementation experience helpful A dedicated work space at home, with room for multiple monitors and privacy for virtual meetings and calls. Ability to travel up to 10% if necessary (post-COVID) To apply, along with your resume, please submit a short cover letter explaining why you are interested in this opportunity and why you believe you're well-suited for it. Salary commensurate with experience. Potential for growth.
- Membership & Education | Restaurant Facility Management Association - Frisco, TX, The Restaurant Facility Management Association is looking to fill an education & membership position. The person in this role will provide support related to the organization’s membership development and retention efforts and education activities. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment where the work is diverse and collaboration is the norm, and will enjoy the challenges of a strong organization adapting to the realities of a changing industry. This position reports to the membership services manager. General duties include: Customer Service: Serves as the primary membership contact, answering general inquiries about membership, assisting members as needed, and directing calls as appropriate. Membership Development: Assists in generating lists, qualifying prospective members, and other activities related to development and recruitment. Membership: Maintains and updates membership records via the YourMembership database, assists with membership renewals and other projects, and performs research regarding RFMA members who do not renew. Education/Certification: Tracks continuing education credits for the organization’s credential holders, handles general administrative tasks, including billing, data entry and record management, and manages event attendance. General: Other duties as assigned by the membership services manager, education director and executive director. Qualifications Strong customer service skills a must. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups. Bachelor’s degree and work experience in a membership-based association or customer service environment a plus. Proven technology skills, membership database knowledge and strong MS Office capability. Ability to quickly learn new programs, and experience with Higher Logics and YourMembership, are a plus. Solid organizational skills with ability to respond to changing needs and priorities, shift attention among simultaneous activities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and oral communications skills. Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Communications Project Manager | San Antonio Bar Association - San Antonio, Texas, A local membership association seeks a full-time Communications Project Manager with 3-5 years work experience for an organization that has both print and online media presence. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience: WRITING and EDITING: Must have experience as a professional business writer and editor, have a basic knowledge of AP style and have created traditional content such as press releases and news articles. PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Must be able to learn new systems/processes/standards and maintain strict compliance with a marketing plan, content schedules and brand integrity. SOCIAL MEDIA: Must have the ability to manage website content, be versed in generating email and social media content, and post properly edited content in a timely manner. Bonus points for experience: Building and implementing marketing plans and strategies Curating, soliciting and editing content from association members Automating social media and content management systems to streamline process This is not a graphic designer role but the Manager should have a working knowledge of Adobe design software (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) enough to work with in house templates and outside vendors. The association has a small congenial staff that currently works remotely with plans to return to the in-office downtown work environment when conditions permit. Benefits include court holidays, medical benefits and paid parking. Starting compensation is $38K-$40K, proven performance and leadership will result in advancement. Please send a resume and cover letter to Irma Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a paragraph describing a recent communication project you managed and what you liked best about the project. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated experience: WRITING and EDITING: Must have experience as a professional business writer and editor, have a basic knowledge of AP style and have created traditional content such as press releases and news articles. PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Must be able to learn new systems/processes/standards and maintain strict compliance with a marketing plan, content schedules and brand integrity. SOCIAL MEDIA: Must have the ability to manage website content, be versed in generating email and social media content, and post properly edited content in a timely manner. Bonus points for experience: Building and implementing marketing plans and strategies Curating, soliciting and editing content from association members Automating social media and content management systems to streamline process
- Director of Membership | American Association of Nurse Practitioners - Austin, TX, The American Association of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP) is seeking a qualified professional to serve as its Director of Membership. This position will develop, manage and continually enhance the operations of the membership department to deliver exceptional member experience. In collaboration with AANP’s marketing staff, this professional will produce campaign plans and analyze metrics and trends to maximize recruitment and retention returns. Reports to the Vice President of Finance and Membership. Duties include: Manage day-to-day operations of the membership department, including staffing, development of process and procedures and maintenance of membership records and forms. In collaboration with marketing staff, develop campaign strategies and assist with executing recruitment and retention efforts. Engage with marketing staff to monitor and refresh membership materials, including welcome toolkits, that promote the membership value proposition. Monitor and analyze data, metrics and trends for use in continuous quality improvement of member care performance. Define and manage membership department operations, including the review of call logs, email scripts and the quality of responses and service levels. Assist staff in resolving operational and escalated member issues. Oversee renewal process for all membership categories. Direct the preparation of monthly membership dashboards and other reports to aid in strategic decision making. Create a business development plan to recruit and retain industry partners for the NP Employer Membership Program. Coordinate interdepartmentally to execute the seamless onboarding of members included in bulk membership purchases. Design customer journey maps and frequently emulate member experiences to identify opportunities for enrichment. Serve on numerous cross-functional teams as project owner, stakeholder or subject matter expert. Keep abreast of member and industry trends to anticipate member needs. Drive organizational culture utilizing metrics focused on member experience and high-quality responsiveness by AANP staff. Directly supervise assigned staff, including mentoring, coaching and establishing goals and priorities. Revise job descriptions as needed and conduct scheduled performance reviews in a timely manner. Conduct onboarding for new hires and oversee training activities. Plan and implement staffing, activities and promotions to advance the membership department’s goals at AANP conferences or other exhibits. Travel to manage on-site operations for membership activities at AANP national conferences. Provide membership content suggestions and recommendations to the marketing department and collaborate on their development and implementation. Carry out other duties or activities as requested by the VP of Finance and Membership. Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement and implement process changes. Travel to other AANP conferences or exhibits as needed. Qualifications for this position include: Bachelor’s degree is required, business administration or marketing degree is preferred. Five years of experience managing customer service operations, preferably in an association or nonprofit organization. Three years of experience supervising employees. Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency. Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and interpret marketing and sales data. Superior oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to collaborate with others in a courteous and professional manner. Strong membership service orientation is essential. Proficient use of Microsoft Office and databases; experience with Aptify or other association management software is a plus. Ability to travel and work at AANP national conferences. This position will be based in our headquarters located in the South MoPac Expwy and Southwest Parkway area of Austin, Texas. AANP offers attractive compensation; health, dental and vision insurance; employer 401(K) match; generous paid time-off; an on-site gym; free coffee bars and snacks; and a great work environment. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.