Whether you’re looking for your first job in the association industry or ready to take the next step to advance your career, the TSAE Career Center is a one stop place to search open positions, get career development tools and apply directly to a posting.
Have a position to fill at your organization? Post your job and reach qualified candidates who are seeking employment in the association industry.
Find a Job
Search open positions by location or keyword.
Post a Job
Post an open position or search resumes online.
Career Development Tools
Get resources on career tips and coaching, resume writing, and networking.
Need help with a posting or applying for a job? Contact Boxwood Technologies at 1-800-331-2177 or visit them online at www.boxwoodtech.com.
- Marketing & Communications Manager | Texas Association of Builders - Downtown, The Marketing & Communications Manager for this statewide trade association is a diverse career. The position requires excellent project management and the ability to work with fellow colleagues & outside consultants to promote the most professional public image of the association and its programs, events, and membership. Marketing & Promotion Develop and implement marketing campaigns for various programs, events, membership outreach and trade show including cross-department content creation Develop, design, write, and edit all marketing brochures and other collateral assets Create and maintain overall graphic designs (branding) for TAB products, programs, services, events and publications Review and ensure quality of marketing distribution lists, create lists as needed Maintain style guide and product branding Contracts and manages professional photographers and videographers to create usable association content Publications Serve as editor and liaison with publisher on association’s bi-monthly magazine Create and maintain editorial calendars Serve as editor for the association’s semi-weekly digital clipping service Proof/edit all publications in coordination with other TAB staff Media Relations Write press material and other member/media relations pieces Manage press inquiries Maintain media list & building experts Create media kit Member Communications & Content Keep TAB website up to date Write articles and other member communications for distribution through multiple channels Assist in the coordination of meetings with committees and association members Creation and editing of video content and management of YouTube pages Website Create, maintain and implement relevant and current website content including cross-department content creation Graphic Design Design all creative content and branding for association and its subsidiaries Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Programs, Microsoft Applications and basic HTML Other Support other TAB staff members with content, editing and marketing support Create and maintain marketing & communications calendar Qualifications Strong Organizational Skills Ability to work in a team environment Excellent written and verbal communication skills Design Graphic Experience Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Programs, Microsoft Applications and basic HTML Generous benefits package that includes insurance and 401(k) benefits.
- Professional Development Program Coordinator | Texas Realtors - Austin, Texas, Professional Development serves Texas REALTORS® by partnering with the local associations and boards in the delivery of education and serves as their Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) education provider for continuing and qualifying education offerings, collectively supporting more than 145,000 members of Texas REALTORS® directly and indirectly. Our mission is to deliver exceptional education and professional development opportunities so that Texas REALTORS® may set themselves apart from non-member license holders. We achieve our mission by collaborating with stakeholders to provide the tools and resources for Texas REALTORS® to reach greater insight, expanded growth, and potential prosperity. BASIC FUNCTION Support long-term projects for the department including Texas REALTOR®-owned content management, evaluation and other data processing, and assisting with department marketing efforts. RESPONSIBILITIES Support the management of all Texas REALTOR®-owned course content, including 210 hours of qualifying education, four in-house CE certification programs totaling 50 hours, and the Texas REALTOR ® Leadership Program. This includes editing and organizing course content and presentation materials for clarity, continuity, and logical progress, keeping within association style guides and licensing agency rules Process data for relevant education benchmarks including course attendance, satisfaction ratings, and course trends Support department marketing efforts, including website and social media content strategy and implementation Assist with education details and logistics for all major meetings, special events, and cruise Establish rapport with local associations and promote education opportunities, products, and services through the Texas REALTORS® provider Other duties as assigned Submit resume and cover letter. SKILLS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS Proficient in Microsoft Office® applications and preferably in Adobe® InDesign CC® Excellent oral and written communication skills, including content editing College degree or equivalent experience; program support a plus Prior related work experience with trade association preferred Full range of benefits, health, dental, vision insurance, PTO, tuition reimbursement, hybrid remote policy, life insurance, product and service discounts, long-term disability insurance, profit sharing, generous 401k match
- Director of Audit and Financial Reporting | State Bar of Texas - Austin, TX, To apply: https://careers-texasbar.icims.com/jobs JOB NUMBER: 021-028 -3585 CLOSING DATE: Open until filled SALARY: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits. POSITION TITLE : Director of Audit and Financial Reporting DEPARTMENT : Accounting GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Directs the preparation of the State Bar’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report and all interim financial statement reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Oversees the annual internal audits and financial statement audit conducted by external auditors. Assists the Finance Director with the development of the annual budget for the State Bar of Texas. Prepares monthly financial statements that include the governmental and enterprise funds. Assists in training State Bar staff regarding financial policies and procedures. Reports directly to the Finance Division Director. POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration and Certified Public Accountant certification are required. Requires a minimum of 7 years of specific achievement in the areas of auditing, financial analysis or financial statement preparation. Government experience and a minimum of 5 years of management experience is preferred. Strong record of applying Governmental Accounting Standards Board principles and guidelines is required. Understanding of payroll accounting and reporting is preferred. A thorough working knowledge of Excel is also required. An understanding of auditing standards is preferred. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent communications skills should be demonstrated. Requires the ability to work independently under deadline pressure.
- Controller | OneStar Foundation - Austin, TX, Job Title: Controller Opening Date: July 22, 2021. Open until filled. Salary: $75,000 - $92,000 a year (based on experience), comprehensive benefits and meaningful work in an environment that values excellence ABOUT THE POSITION: CONTROLLER OneStar seeks to fill the full-time position of Controller. This position performs highly advanced financial accounting and financial management work and is responsible for the financial operations of OneStar Foundation and OneStar National Service Commission including systems for reporting program and financial activities and safeguarding the assets of the organization. The Controller position performs advanced professional work under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the Director of Operations. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES Develops goals and objectives for assigned responsibility areas. Develops methods for the control of cash receipts, deposits, and disbursements; the purchase of services, supplies, and equipment; the documentation of claims for payment; and the preparation and processing of payrolls in conjunction with the Director of Operations Recommends and implements departmental accounting policies and procedures in accordance with statute and professionally accepted standards. Applies generally accepted accounting principles in the recording and reporting of the financial activities of the agency and ensures the use of efficient accounting systems to control transactions. Allocates state and federal funds to OneStar’s operating programs and develops suitable plans for validating and matching the various federal funds used in financing departmental operations. Compiles reports on the analysis and interpretation of expenditure patterns, budget projections, and the financial position of the agency. Prepares budget to actual reports to provide management with expenditure data and trends, informs management of budget deviations, problems, and events likely to affect operations, explains causes, and measures impact on OneStar’s mission and resources. Operates Abila accounting software and maintains the overall quality control of the accounting system and ensures the integrity of the system. Maintains accuracy of general ledgers and manages organizational cash flow. Develops plans and strategies for finance in support of OneStar’s strategic plan and goals. Stays current on innovative approaches to financial transactions, workflow of staff, and opportunities for cost and/or time-saving methodologies. Implements financial management improvement plans that streamline and improve current processes. Provides Boards and management with regular reporting regarding the organization’s financial status. Provides excellent service and timely communication with grantors donors, staff, and auditors. Manages finance functions to ensure smooth operations. Creates reports for projects related to financial management and manages workflow internal to the finance area. Plans for and manages the audit by an outside independent auditor, providing schedules and information as required. Accountable for financial reporting in accordance with federal, state and grantor reporting requirements. Develops financial forecasts and reports regarding key performance indicators as established by the Boards and the President. Serves as a consultant on the financial aspects of program planning. Provides research and analysis on other projects as requested by the CEO and President. Aligns work duties with the OneStar Mission and Vision. Exemplifies OneStar Core Beliefs and adheres to the Code of Ethics. May be assigned to cross-functional teams to support OneStar goals and initiatives. May perform other duties as assigned consistent with current duties and responsibilities. EOE. OneStar Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer. OneStar prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. OneStar conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. It is the policy of OneStar Foundation to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). OneStar will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment, because of a person's physical or mental disability. OneStar will also make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on OneStar. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS 7+ years related experience, preferably in a state or local government or a non-profit environment that has multiple sources of governmental grant funding. Understanding and commitment to OneStar’s mission and strategies and to all its programs and initiatives. Experience and understanding of working with faith-based, grassroots community organizations, and/or other social service sector organizations preferred. Must thrive in a work environment of significant growth, development, and change. Graduation from an accredited four-year university with major coursework in accounting, business, finance, or related field. Master’s degree preferred. Certification as a Public Accountant is preferred. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED Ability to make well-reasoned decisions as part of a team and in the best interests of the organization for the present and future and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds. Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Proactively communicates with the President / CEO, Director of Operations, OneStar staff, and Board. Cognizant of OneStar’s requirement for timely and respectful responses to inquiries. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands. Experience in creating realistic project budgets and timelines. Computer literacy with financial accounting systems and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Abila accounting software a plus Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member, and follow tasks through to completion. Comfort in working respectfully with persons of diverse backgrounds. Ability to complete a high volume of work at a consistently high level of quality. Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions; to analyze complex information and effectively communicate it to others. Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain cooperative, professional and productive work relationships with others. Comprehensive benefits and meaningful work in an environment that values excellence.
- Meeting Coordinator | Texas Medical Association - Austin, DEPARTMENT Association Management Services SUPERVISOR Society Director BASIC FUNCTION Meeting Coordinators provide support to the Society Directors for the meetings and events of the medical specialty association clients managed by the Texas Medical Association’s Association Management Services department. Meeting Coordinators have excellent people skills and are well organized. Meeting Coordinators must work well under pressure, ensuring efficient meetings through effective planning and communication. Travel is required. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS Work with Society Directors to accomplish multiple highly successful conferences and meetings annually. Manage setup and marketing campaigns for assigned meetings and events. Create badges, attendee lists, signage, and other meeting related materials. Process all meeting registrations initiated thru email, phone, or postal mail. Coordinate with the Finance team to ensure that all meetings are setup correctly and flow accurately through appropriate financial accounts. Prepare all meeting financial deposits. Handle on-site meeting registrations and exhibitor set-up. Act as the meeting primary point of contact for conference attendees if the Society Director is unavailable. Finalize all meetings thru careful generation of meeting reports, member correspondence, Continuing Medical Education (CME) documentation, financial reimbursement and reconciliation, and survey creation and tabulation. Work with volunteers to manage Medical Student & Resident competitions during meetings. This includes all aspects of submissions for medical student and resident competitions and/or poster presentations. Work with the Society Director to finalize all competition outcomes and draft appropriate correspondence. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY No supervisory responsibility. INDEPENDENCE/SUPERVISION RECEIVED The position works collaboratively with others on the team to achieve high quality results. Some duties are performed independently where the employee may be asked to develop or research appropriate methods and procedures to be used. GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS Knowledge and Experience: A successful candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, hospitality, business management, or a similar field of study. Candidates with an associate degree in addition to previous meeting coordination experience will be considered. Association and meeting planning experience preferred. Skills and Abilities: Problem-solving skills – meeting coordinators manage issues with events and vendors as they arise, which requires good problem-solving skills Time management – meeting coordinators use time management skills to manage event deadlines, ensure that all preparations are in place prior to the event, and manage multiple projects simultaneously Communication skills – meeting coordinators use excellent verbal and written communication skills to give instructions to vendors and communicate with attendees Attention to detail – meeting coordinators manage a variety of meeting related tasks including, but not limited to, speakers, attendees, venues, competitions, and other issues, which requires strong attention to detail Computer skills – meeting coordinators use Microsoft Office and other software to plan and arrange events, which requires computer skills. Previous experience with the iMIS Association Management Software system is a plus Flexibility – meeting coordinators are aware that all meetings have unique characteristics and formats and are flexible to make events successful
- Chief Financial Officer | Texas Oil & Gas Association (TXOGA) - Austin, TX, The Texas Oil and Gas Association (TXOGA) is seeking a qualified professional to serve as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and ensure that all Association financials are of the highest integrity and managed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. This position partners with other executives to develop and execute implementation plans that drive organizational goals and strategy. The CFO reports to the Association President and is based at the TXOGA headquarters in Austin, Texas. Responsibilities and duties: Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization’s fiscal policies, processes, and performance. Participate in the development and execution of the organization’s strategic plan and build credible and trusting relationships with all internal personnel, members of the TXOGA Board of Directors (BOD) and external constituents. Identify new revenue generating opportunities and investments, ensuring feasibility by working across the organization and with the President. Advise on the fiscal impact of short- and long-range planning. Provide timely and accurate analyses of budgets, financial reports, cash flow projections, variance reports and financial trends in order to assist the President, BOD and senior executives in performing their responsibilities. Manage the development, maintenance, and upgrade of departmental information systems. Provide human resources support for the Association. Ensure proper processes and procedures are in place to meet the Associations staffing needs and support for employees. Manage and negotiate health plans and benefits on behalf of the Association. Administration of Association Pension Plan Enhance, develop, implement, and enforce policies and procedures to improve the overall financial operation and effectiveness of the organization and ensure financial controls and fiduciary stewardship are consistent with TXOGA’s and its mission. Oversee the annual audit and facilitate filing of the IRS Form 990 and any other necessary filings to be compliant with bylaws, local, state and federal requirements. Design, implement and continue to refine the annual budget process with executive staff and the President to ensure alignment with the strategic plan. Effectively communicate with the BOD’s Budget Subcommittee and BOD regarding the organization’s financial position. Prepare written reports as needed for the President to inform potential opportunities or risks that warrant corrective action. Provide support to the TXOGA Political Action Committee (TXOGA PAC) and other affiliated entities. Contribute to the training, coaching and development of staff as appropriate, and conduct scheduled performance reviews in a timely manner. Qualifications for this position include: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and CPA is strongly desired. Master’s degree a plus. Professional experience in finance or accounting, with management experience in all aspects of finance desired. Experience working for a nonprofit or professional membership association is preferred. Experience negotiating contracts preferred. Professionalism and high ethical standards are of the utmost importance, while combining positive energy, foresight, and creativity to achieve desired outcomes. Aptitude for strategic visioning with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and a strong operational focus. Ability to be well-organized, self-directed, politically savvy and a team player. Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization. Proficiency in modern analytical and widely used budgeting software required. •TXOGA offers attractive compensation; health, dental and vision insurance; life and disability insurance, employer 401(K) contributions; and paid time-off. •TXOGA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
- Manager, Digital Communications | Texas Medical Association - Austin, DEPARTMENT Division of Communications and Marketing SUPERVISOR VP, Division of Communications & Marketing BASIC FUNCTION Responsible for the association’s digital strategy across social media and digital platforms. Plans, develops, and publishes digital content; manages community engagement; and uses analytics to tracks results to achieve the association’s goals. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS Develop, maintain, and execute a strategic digital roadmap aligned with organizational goals and strategies. Oversee an active digital communications calendar across all digital channels. Work with colleagues to improve digital communications via email and website content. Sharpen the organization’s online brand and improve user experience across all channels. Develop and execute digital campaigns and projects for internal clients of the association. Plan, develop, and post content to TMA’s social channels as well as other TMA Facebook groups. Partner with the association’s IT team to grow member engagement via an active, personalized email communications program. Manage paid social media programs. Manage community engagement across all channels. Write and edit blog posts and other digital content, as needed. Play the role of project manager on digital projects, involving internal stakeholders. Measure and report on key performance indicators regularly. Support other members of the Communications/Marketing Division with content, editing, and marketing support. Manage and implement other projects as identified by the Vice President of Communications/Marketing. Perform other related duties as directed or required. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY Supervise one Communications Coordinator. INDEPENDENCE/SUPERVISION RECEIVED Duties are performed independently to achieve assigned objectives; however, methods and procedures may not be specifically defined. Employee may be required to develop or research appropriate methods and procedures to be used. GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS Knowledge and Experience Requires concentrated understanding of a comprehensive field of knowledge. Knowledge required is normally equivalent to the attainment of bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 to 10 years’ experience. Must have extensive knowledge of marketing and promotion, advertising, and social media. Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and project management skills are required, as is thorough knowledge of publication production. Editorial experience a plus. Must have experience in executing paid social media campaigns and using social analytics. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and basic HTML. Skills and Abilities Excellent interpersonal, writing and editing, communication, and organizational skills. Must be knowledgeable in communication planning, word processing, and time management. Must have proven ability as a self-starter who can carry a project through to successful completion. Prior association experience a plus.
- Account Manager | Strategic Association Management - Austin, Texas, The Account Manager plays a key role in the management and support related to association operations, including the day to day client-partner services and project administration. This position provides the unique opportunity to serve on multiple staff teams and to work with multiple mission-driven organizations. The Account Manager must have the proven ability to collaborate with other team members in fast-paced, flexible and open environment. Attention to detail and excellent time management skills are essential in this position. While the pace of the work is faster than average, a commitment to quality is never compromised. The successful candidate should have an analytical, inquiring and critical mind. This job requires imagination and strong problem-solving skills, but with a strong procedural orientation. An active, positive response to a variety of challenges and time pressures is also required. The job requires the ability to manage competing priorities and challenges. Primary Responsibilities of the Position Depending on the groups managed, responsibilities may include the following: • Organize, maintain and ensure the execution of association programs and initiatives, based on the scope for each client-partner • Support association volunteer leadership (board, officers, members) • Manage and support association governance processes (policies and procedures) • Coordinate all aspects of association membership, including processing, renewals, maintenance, records and reporting • Direct the delivery of membership programs and development • Manage all elements of the association web-based database systems, including membership and event registration, reporting and data archives • Facilitate volunteer meetings (board, committees) through conference calls/face-to-face meetings; draft meeting minutes; document action items and follow-up • Manage association budgets in collaboration with the volunteer leadership and SAM finance team • Manage vendor, affiliated organizations and external agency relationships that support the association’s work • Support and facilitate the organization’s advocacy efforts, if applicable • Coordinate and facilitate business development strategies and initiatives, either in administrative or strategic capacity, as needed • Contrubute to the development and implementation of communication initiatives, including website and social media content • Coordinate all aspects of conference and event registration • Work with the SAM meetings team to manage various elements association events, which may include onsite event management and programming. • General administration and strategic support in other key areas of association management, as needed Salary/Benefits/Perks • Competitive salary range, based on comparable small staff nonprofit/association • Comprehensive benefits including health insurance options with significant company contribution, access to dental/vision insurance and retirement program match • Standard Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays policies • Ongoing training, assistance and opportunities for career development • Company sponsored volunteer opportunities • Regular staff outings and team-building gatherings • Corporate culture that exemplifies our core values: Build Trust, Seek Clarity, Stay Curious, Practic Empathy, and Champion Growth Join Our Team: Two Steps to apply 1. Email a cover letter of interest and current résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org 2. All applicants are required to complete an online Predictive Index assessment. To access the assessment, please paste this link in your browser: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/AoppP Experience & Skills Required and Preferred • A Bachelor’s degree, professional certification or equivalent years of experience • 3+ years’ work experience with Account/Project/Program Management • Experience working with professional/trade associations/nonprofits is preferred • Excellent verbal & written communication skills • A "rolled-up sleeves/get it done" approach to work and role • Excellent interpersonal skills: patience, compassion, outgoing, tactful, flexible and professional • Detail-oriented, with strong, effective organizational, problem solving and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and set and achieve strategic objectives • Must be a self-starter, flexible and adaptable to change, and work both independently and as a strong team player with hands-on customer service skills • Computer/technology tools proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite and Mac OS (SAM is a Mac environment) • Must be comfortable in completely open and flexible office space environment • Willingness and ability to travel outside of Austin for multi-day events • Willingness and availability for calls and meetings outside normal business hours, when needed, due to the volunteer schedules • Experience with web-based CRM or AMS Software/Management System is preferred