Connecting the Pieces: Essential Elements of Association Management
Thursday, June 7 & 14, 2018
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Canyon View Event Center (ABOR)
4800 Spicewood Springs Road
Austin, Texas 78759 (map)
$85 TSAE Member/$125 Non-member (Breakfast provided)*
CAE Hours: 6
"Connecting the Pieces: Essential Elements of Association Management" is an introductory course spread over two half-days that reviews the main functions and practices of associations. This course is geared toward association professionals who have three or less years of association/nonprofit experience.
The course is presented by faculty of TSAE member volunteers and covers eight areas of interest:
Day 1 (June 7):
- The History of Associations, Steven Stout, CAE, Executive Director, Texas Society of Association Executives
- Education and Events, Julie Courtney, CAE, CMP, President, IBAT Foundation
- Association Finance, Julie Hart, President, CFO by Design
- Legal Considerations, Lori Gracey, CAE, Executive Director, TCEA
Day 2 (June 14):
- Membership Recruitment and Retention, Cathi Hight, Kaizen Consultant, Hight Performance Group, Inc.
- Volunteer Involvement, Mary Beth Kiser, CAE, President and CEO, Beyond Batten Foundation
- Government Relations, Joe Gagen, Legislative Grassroots Trainer
- Strategic Planning, Aaron P. Hernandez, CAE, Education and Events Director, Texas Society of Association Executives
"I really liked hearing from the speakers who had experience in the association world. You could see and hear their passion for the industry!"
"This was my first TSAE class, and I found it incredibly valuable! Thank you for putting it together."
"Very well done!"
"Thank you - it was great for an association newbee!"
TSAE is a CAE Approved Provider. Every program that we offer which qualifies for CAE credit will clearly identify the number of CAE credits granted for full participation, and we will maintain records of your participation in accord with CAE policies.