Leadership TSAE is a nine month program designed to help association professionals develop essential skills while creating a community within TSAE.
Ideal candidates for this program are dedicated to growing within the association community and learning skills needed to be a leader in this environment. Candidates must currently be employed by a nonprofit organization or an association management company.
Leadership TSAE is comprised of a group of approximately 15 association professionals who have a minimum of five years of work experience and/or three years of association experience.
Leadership 2020 applications now closed.
Before beginning the application, please note:
- You cannot save your work and return; it must be submitted once at the end. Review the application fields before you begin.
- Your application will be presented to the selection committee as it is submitted. TSAE will not alter, proof or edit your submission.
About Leadership TSAE
The program's benefits include:
- Exclusive education sessions, including two (2) two-day retreats (27 CAE hours).*
- Community of approximately 15 growing association professionals.
- Mentor/protégé relationship that will allow for career insight and access to an experienced professional.
- Personal assessment providing you with a new perspective about your work style and strengths
- Selected participants will receive a complementary registration for one (1) TSAE Event of their choice in 2020. (CAE Study Group, New Ideas, etc.)
*One night of hotel stays for each retreat session is covered by the Courtyard by Marriott Austin Pflugerville and Pflugerville Conference Center.
Leadership TSAE programming includes a mixture of knowledge-based topics as well as engaging discussion facilitated via roundtables, panels, Q&A sessions, small/large group activities, assignments between sessions, among other approaches in order to promote problem solving and solution-based management.
- Essential Leadership Qualities
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strengths-Based Leadership
- Leadership Style and Communication
- Human Behavior and Motivation
- Individual and Team Accountability
- Performance Coaching
- Presentation Skills
- Budgeting and Finance
- Lobbying and Governmental Relations
- Strategic Thinking
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Career Planning and Development
2020 Session Dates
Attendance at all educational sessions is highly encouraged including overnight stays for the retreats. All sessions will be held in Austin at the Courtyard by Marriott Austin Pflugerville and Pflugerville Conference Center. One night of hotel stays for each retreat session is covered by the Courtyard by Marriott Austin Pflugerville and Pflugerville Conference Center.
- Luncheon, Orientation & Session 1: Tuesday and Wednesday, February 18 & 19, 2020 (Overnight Retreat)
- Session 2: Friday, May 29, 2020
- Session 3: Monday and Tuesday July 13 & 14, 2020 (Overnight Retreat)
- Session 4: Friday, October 23, 2020
Cost and Payment
The cost of Leadership TSAE is $895 for a member, $995 for a nonmember. This includes one night of hotel stays for each retreat session, covered by the Courtyard by Marriott Austin Pflugerville and Pflugerville Conference Center. Payment is due upon acceptance into the program.
Application and Selection Process
Ideal candidates are dedicated to growing within the association community and learning skills needed to be a leader in this environment. Candidates must be currently employed by a nonprofit organization or an association management company.
Candidates must have at least three (3) years in the association industry or at least five (5) years of total work experience.
Note: Multiple applicants from an organization will be accepted, but only one applicant from an organization may be selected.
To apply, please complete and submit the application along with a current resume, recommendation letter, bio, headshot, and participant profile.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- Friday, October 11, 2019: Application Due to TSAE
- Monday, December 2, 2019: Notification to Applicants
- Monday, February 3, 2020: Payment Submitted to TSAE
TSAE seeks top level executives from associations throughout Texas who will participate in Leadership TSAE as mentors and can lead, guide and motivate professionals selected for the program.
If you have any questions about Leadership TSAE, contact Aaron Hernandez at email@example.com or 512-444-1974.
TSAE is a CAE Approved Provider. Every program that we offer which qualifies for CAE credit will clearly identify the number of CAE credits granted for full participation, and we will maintain records of your participation in accord with CAE policies.