Now Accepting 2016 Board Nominations
This past spring, the TSAE approved a change in the timing of the Board of Director terms in an effort to have new Board members elected and installed in office prior to the board’s summer retreat.
The benefits include:
• Strategic initiatives and annual goals are established at the board’s summer retreat. This change in practice would insure the new board has ownership of the strategic initiatives and annual goals as reflected in the budget for the coming year.
• The annual budget is presented for approval at the December board meeting. The new board members will have a better understanding of the association’s operations and the discussions will be more meaningful to them.
• The new board members will have five months of participate with the association and will be in a better position to participate in the President’s annual evaluation.
With that, we are now accepting nominations for 2016!
TSAE has four (4) Association Executive positions and one (1) Affiliate position coming open in 2016.
To nominate someone (yes, you may nominate yourself), simply complete the form online. Nominations must be submitted no later than January 29, 2016.
- December 2: Nominating opens
- January 29: Deadline for nominations
- February 1: Candidates contacted to provide more information
- February 15: Deadline for candidates to submit information
- February 29: Deadline for nomination committee to review and rank finalists
- February 29: Finalists contacted for interviews
- March 3 or 4: Nominating committee interviews finalists
- March 8: Board slate presented to Board of Directors
- April or May: Board Orientation
- June 12 & 13: Board Retreat and Installation of new members
About the Board of Directors
The TSAE Board is comprised of 19 members and meets quarterly. The Board consists of the Chairman, Chair Elect, Past Chairman, as well as 11 elected members from the Association Executive member categories, four (4) elected members from the Affiliate member category, and the President of TSAE. See the current Board of Directors.
Questions? Contact Beth Brooks at 512-444-1974.