NEW! Real-Time Compensation & Benchmarking Tool
Gain access to the only 24/7/365 online compensation benchmarking tool designed exclusively for executives of professional, trade and service-centric associations and nonprofits.
- Compare your organization's key operational metrics to others across the industry
- Evaluate valuable KPI's, including salaries, benefits, positions/departments, and more
- Generate customized reports to inform decisions and keep your organization competitive
TSAE is partnering with the Association Societies Alliance (ASA) to provide a Real-Time Compensation Benchmarking tool for associations. By extension of TSAE's membership with ASA, the Real-Time Compensation Benchmarking tool is available to all TSAE members.
For this tool to be of maximum benefit, ensuring the most complete and useful data possible - we need you to participate! Providing data and accessing reports will be FREE throughout 2020 (for participating organizations), so you are encouraged to take advantage of this powerful benchmarking tool today!
Will TSAE Still Offer the Biennial Report?
The 2019 report is still available for purchase (see below) through the end of 2020, but it will not be conducted and compiled in 2021. The former study was a static survey conducted every other year. An executive summary as well as a national and state-by-state report was generated based on the data collected. While comparative data from previous years' studies was included in the reports, the data was static and eventually became outdated. This new benchmarking tool is online with 24/7/365 access to provide and update data as well as generate real-time reports. This new data gathering and reporting platform is the next evolution of the biennial Compensation & Benefits Survey, which TSAE previously conducted.
Is There a Cost to Participate or for Reporting?
To encourage participation in and demonstrate the value of the new program, throughout 2020, participating associations will receive free access to all data reports through December 31, 2020.
Participation in the survey itself will always be free, and beginning in 2021, 24/7/365 access to the real-time data will be available with an annual subscription.
How Do I Get Started?
1. Review Users Guide to view illustrated descriptions on how to enter data, view question comparisons and run dynamic reports.
2. Sign up as a new user and complete the data entry process. Estimated data entry time 10-15 minutes.
3. Login to your Real-Time Compensation & Benchmarking account 365/24/7 to download reports, manage your account and update data at any time.
2019 Association Salary & Benefits Study Still Available
Note: TSAE's full 2019 report will be available through the end of 2020 for those that may want more Texas-specific information in addition to what the free report currently offers.
By purchasing this valuable resource, you'll have access to detailed compensation information on 35 job classifications summarizing responses from 893 organizations from 30 states including 73 in Texas. You'll receive two reports, one with information from all the participating State Societies and one specifically from Texas association.
The study includes:
- Compensation information for 35 job classifications
- Texas-specific data for most positions
- National summary and state-by-state comparisons
- Results broken down by budget range, local/state/national and association type
- Retirement, insurance and health benefits, including staff and CEO-specific data
- Mean and median, prior year and current year, as well as the 25th and 75th percentiles
- Contract conditions, performance review and bonus summaries
This study is an important tool that supports your compliance with the IRS Governance, Management and Disclosure section of Form 990.
The 2019 Survey is $249 (+ tax) for TSAE members; $349 (+ tax) for non-members.
Please email your order from to Catherine Lapoint and she will contact you to complete your purchase.
This study was conducted in partnership with Association Societies Alliance (ASA) and Whorton Marketing & Research.