The Best Letters of Recommendation: CAE
April 03, 2023
The Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential is the marker of a committed association professional who has demonstrated the wide range of knowledge essential to manage an association in today’s challenging environment.
Take These Steps to Earn Your CAE!
Step 1: Determine your eligibility.
You may apply for the CAE when you have completed each of the eligibility requirements, including work experience and professional development criteria.
- Read more about eligibility requirements.
Step 2: Apply for the exam.
The CAE exam is offered twice a year, in May and December. Choose a date that fits well with your schedule and allows you time to prepare.
- View upcoming exam dates and application deadlines.
- Find out how to complete the exam application.
Step 3: Prepare for the exam.
TSAE offers a study course in the spring and fall to help you build your subject-matter knowledge so you’re ready to take the exam.
- Learn more about TSAE's Study Courses
- Explore what’s on the exam.
Step 4: Take the exam.
The four-hour examination includes 200 multiple-choice questions.
Step 5: Get recognized.
When you earn your CAE, plan to be celebrated at the next TSAE New Ideas Annual Meeting.
- Share your accomplishment with others
- Add digital recognition to your social media, email, and web profiles.
Step 6: Keep your CAE current.
CAEs are required to renew their certification every three years.
- Find out more about CAE renewal requirements