1st and 3rd Monday of the Month
Noon - 1:00 pm
Independent Bankers Association of Texas
1700 Rio Grande Street, Austin, TX 78701 (map)
Do you panic at the thought of having to give a presentation? Then you might want to consider joining TSAE Toastmasters group.
With Toastmasters, you’ll enhance your leadership skills, expand your network within TSAE, increase your confidence, and learn how to better communicate. By learning to effectively formulate, express and sell your ideas to others, you will be able to better speak to any size group. This important skill will help you as you move up in your career.
How Toastmasters Works
In Toastmasters, there is no instructor. Instead it's more of a workshop where members can critique each speech and presentation in a positive manner, focusing on the good as well as what needs improvement. It's a "no pressure" way to improve your speaking and leadership skills.
Each meeting gives everyone an opportunity to practice by:
- Serving as Toastmaster - Learn how to plan and conduct meetings.
- Giving impromptu speeches - Present one-to two minute impromptu speeches.
- Presenting prepared speeches - Present speeches based on projects that cover skills such as speech organization, vocal variety, language, gestures and persuasion.
- Offering constructive evaluation – Evaluate strengths and offers suggestions for improvement to a fellow presenting member.
Joining costs $6 per month (paid every six months), plus a one-time new member fee of $20.
Guests are always welcome so feel free to drop in on any meeting if you’re interested in checking it out, but please contact an officer before to confirm the meeting has not been moved or canceled.
Contact Noelle Parsons, VP, Public Relations/Secretary, at (512) 465-1000 or email@example.com.
Like the TSAE Toastmaster’s Facebook page to learn more about the club and what they’re up to each week.
- President: Lindsay Thompson, Texas Hospital Association Foundation
- VP, Education: Olivia Reinoso, SeminarWeb
- VP, Membership/Treasurer: Hedy Bower, State Bar of Texas
- VP, Public Relations/Secretary: Noelle Parsons, Texas Hospital Association Foundation
- Sergeant at Arms: Janie Daniel, Independent Bankers Association of Texas