First and Third Fridays of the Month*
Starting April 3, 2020 TSAE Toastmasters will meet remote via ZOOM with a new time change.
Remote ZOOM option for the following meetings:
April 3, 2020
April 17, 2020
May 1, 2020
May 15, 2020
Please contact Hedy Bower, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org for the ZOOM remote access information if you would like to join the meeting.
*Schedule occasionally changes due to holidays and special events. If you’re planning on checking out a meeting please email Hedy Bower to let us know the date your are planning to attend so we can confirm there is a meeting. You can also follow us on Facebook for the latest updates.
Do you panic at the thought of having to give a presentation? Then you might want to consider joining TSAE Toastmasters group.
With Toastmasters, you’ll enhance your leadership skills, expand your network within TSAE, increase your confidence, and learn how to better communicate. By learning to effectively formulate, express and sell your ideas to others, you will be able to better speak to any size group. This important skill will help you as you move up in your career.
How Toastmasters Works
In Toastmasters, there is no instructor. Instead it's more of a workshop where members can critique each speech and presentation in a positive manner, focusing on the good as well as what needs improvement. It's a "no pressure" way to improve your speaking and leadership skills.
Each meeting gives everyone an opportunity to practice by:
- Serving as Toastmaster - Learn how to plan and conduct meetings.
- Giving impromptu speeches - Present one-to two minute impromptu speeches.
- Presenting prepared speeches - Present speeches based on projects that cover skills such as speech organization, vocal variety, language, gestures and persuasion.
- Offering constructive evaluation – Evaluate strengths and offers suggestions for improvement to a fellow presenting member.
The dues are $45 every 6 months (or $7.50 per month), plus a one-time new member fee of $20
Guests are always welcome so feel free to drop in on any meeting if you’re interested in checking it out, but please contact an officer before to confirm the meeting has not been moved or canceled.
Contact Hedy Bower, President, at email@example.com.
Like the TSAE Toastmaster’s Facebook page to learn more about the club and what they’re up to each week.
- President: Hedy Bower, State Bar of Texas
- VP, Education: Kim Maka, State Bar of Texas
- VP, Membership Ariel Zimmerman, Real Estate Council of Austin
- VP, Public Relations: Kelly M. George, Wilderness Medical Society
- Secretary/Treasurer: Elle Murray, Texas Hospital Association
- Sergeant at Arms: Elizabeth Rison, Texas Society of Association Executives