First and Third Fridays of the Month*
Toastmasters will meet remote via ZOOM.
Do you panic at the thought of having to give a presentation? Then you might want to consider joining TSAE Toastmasters group.
With Toastmasters, you’ll enhance your leadership skills, expand your network within TSAE, increase your confidence, and learn how to better communicate. By learning to effectively formulate, express, and sell your ideas to others, you will be able to better speak to any size group. This important skill will help you both professionally and personally.
How Toastmasters Works
In Toastmasters, there is no instructor. Instead it's more of a workshop where members can evaluate each speech and presentation in a positive manner, focusing on the good as well as what needs improvement. It's a "no pressure" way to improve your speaking and leadership skills.
Each meeting gives everyone an opportunity to practice by:
- Serving as Toastmaster - Learn how to plan and conduct meetings.
- Giving impromptu speeches - Present one-to two minute impromptu speeches.
- Presenting prepared speeches - Present speeches based on projects that cover skills such as speech organization, vocal variety, language, gestures and persuasion.
- Offering constructive evaluation – Evaluate strengths and offers suggestions for improvement to a fellow presenting member.
The dues are $45 every 6 months (or $7.50 per month), plus a one-time new member fee of $20
Guests are always welcome so feel free to drop in on any meeting if you’re interested in checking it out, but please contact an officer before to confirm the meeting has not been moved or canceled.
Contact Melinda Crockom, President, at email@example.com
Like the TSAE Toastmaster’s Facebook page to learn more about the club and what they’re up to each week.
- President: Melinda Crockrom, Commission on State Emergency Communications
- VP, Membership: Holly Bar, Texas Self Storage Association
- Secretary/Treasurer: Open Position