New Ideas Virtual Instructions & Information
Thank you for joining us for the 2020 New Ideas Virtual Conference. Below you will find orientation videos and instructions on how to access and navigate the conference.
You will get out of the event what you put into it so please participate fully. Turn your camera on when speaking, ask questions, visit social engagement opportunities and get comfortable in the system.
If you need assistance at any time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-444-1974.
TSAE is using a platform called Brightspace for our virtual event. All education sessions and social activities will take place through the platform. You must access Brightspace each day through your TSAE account to participate in the conference.
Please log in to your account and access Brightspace as soon as possible to ensure you can successfully access the program and allow us time to troubleshoot any issues. Additional program content will be added the week of the event. You can see the schedule-at-a-glance, detailed education schedule and social events on the New Ideas website now.
The latest version of Chrome or Firefox is recommended when accessing the conference.
We have created an orientation video on how to log in and access New Ideas (written instruction below):
Log in to your TSAE account
- At the top right corner of the TSAE website, click the yellow “Login” button or log in here.
- Log in to your TSAE account.
TROUBLE LOGGING IN? Your username is the email associated with your TSAE account. If you cannot get in or this is your first time logging in, try the reset password link. If you are registered for New Ideas you DO have an account associated with your email. If you have issues, email email@example.com.
Access the Brightspace courses
- Once logged in, click on the “My Courses” tab on the right of your account page
- Then click the yellow “View My Courses” button. This will direct you to Brightspace.
Once in TSAE’s Brightspace account, you will see your courses/events. This includes the New Ideas Annual Conference, as well as the Pre-Conference Lab and/or Deep Dive breakout if you pre-registered for them.
- Click on the New Ideas event
- Once in, you will see orange tiles of modules on our event agenda.
NOTE: The agenda will populate with Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday’s education and social content on Monday, October 5. You can see the schedule-at-a-glance, detailed education schedule and social events on the New Ideas website.
- The left sidebar menu will be the best way to navigate through the conference agenda. Click on the event/session you wish to attend, then the link to be taken to the event/session webpage.
- The instructional video above, as well as time spent navigating the system, will help you become comfortable in the platform.
Education Session Formats:
Each education session has its own webpage under its respective day and category. On that page, you will find the session description, access to content, handouts (when provided) and speaker photo, email and bio.
- Keynote sessions will be streamed live. Log in a few minutes to the session and press play. Pre-show content will be playing until the program begins at its respective time.
- Some breakouts will take place entirely on Zoom. If you see the Zoom logo, the session is completely live. Click the meeting link under the logo or use the ID and password to access the meeting*.
- Other breakouts are prerecorded and will be followed by a live Q&A with the presenter(s). You can play the recording (embedded on the page) anytime, but for the best experience, we recommend playing at its designated time. A link to continue the conversation live on Zoom with attendees and the speaker will be under the video*. Zoom meetings will not open until approximately the last 15 minutes of the session (depends on recording time).
*A meeting host will be admitting participants into the Zoom meetings so please ensure your Zoom name includes the first and last name you used to register for the conference. If your name is not on our conference roster, you will not be admitted.
For information and assistance with Zoom, visit the Zoom video tutorial page.
- You must log in to Brightspace (“pick up your badge”) to receive your hours.
- All attendees will receive 9 CAE hours for attending the “live” New Ideas Conference on October 6-8 (additional hours awarded for Deep Dive and Pre-Con Lab).
- Please only watch/attend one session per breakout group if you want your CAE hours tracked as we will not be awarding additional hours during the “live” event.
- The program will close at 1:00 PM on Thursday, October 8 for us to prepare the recordings of live sessions.
- Attendees will receive an email a few weeks following the event when the program is back open for on-demand access. At this point, you may watch additional sessions and receive corresponding CAE hours.
Hallway Conversation/Social Events Format:
Our Newbie Orientation, Hallway Conversations, and some of the sponsored Social Activities and Games will use a platform called Remo. Remo allows you to message attendees who are currently in Remo with you, join small tables based on the topic area, and watch a general presentation to all attendees.
- A free account is required to use Remo. You can make it the first time you access an event or prior to the conference here.
- To join a table, double-click on the table and you are in with others at that topic area (max 6 per table).
- You can jump to additional floors on the left menu
- For the best experience, turn your camera on.
For more information on navigating the platform, watch this Remo orientation video:
Don't forget to test your access before joining the event on October 6.
We look forward to seeing you at New Ideas!