New Ideas Safety Plan
TSAE, Visit Corpus Christi, the American Bank Center, and Omni Corpus Christi are committed to making the 2021 New Ideas Annual Conference a safe event. As a leader in the association industry and community, TSAE is often looked upon to set standards and showcase how best to host events. In an effort to make everyone feel comfortable about attending this in-person event, we are making your safety and health a top priority.
Here’s what we’re doing to protect your health and peace of mind (updated 09/01/21):
- TSAE will require proof of full vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test (administered within 72 hours of attendance) to enter New Ideas 2021. TSAE encourages all New Ideas participants to be vaccinated; however, a vaccination is not required for in-person attendance. TSAE is committed to safely accommodating all participants.
- TSAE will be utilizing Digital Health-Clearance Tech from CrowdPass, a free, simple, secure, and HIPAA-compliant third-party vendor, to clear attendees for New Ideas. You will upload your proof of vaccination or negative test to CrowdPass. CrowdPass Instructions
- "I'm vaccinated" stickers will be available at registration for those vaccinated attendees who wish to place one on their badge.
- All guests will be strongly encouraged to wear a mask in the TSAE event space when not actively eating or drinking.
- All guests will be required to wear masks when on the shuttle between the Omni and Convention Center, to the Sunday night party, and to excursions. Any specific excursion requirements will be communicated prior to the event.
- For the Awards Luncheon, award winner and sponsor tables will be set in rounds of 8, while remaining tables will be set in rounds of 6. We will offer a limited amount of smaller distanced seating options in the back of the room as well.
- Some education sessions will be set for theater while others will be in rounds, depending on the size of the room.
- Conference will remain capped at 350 attendees.
- An EMT will be on site and available to attendees at the American Bank Center at all times conference registration is open.
- In addition to the above protocols, the team at the American Bank Center (ABC) is also committed to your health, safety, and well-being. The ABC utilizes VenueShield, a new environmental hygiene protocol that delivers the highest standard of cleanliness and safety. Also, the ABC is officially Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR Certified, this is a third-party accreditation to instill an additional layer of confidence.
- Our host hotel, the Omni Corpus Christi, will adhere to Omni Resort and Hotels' Safe & Clean Plan.
- Additional questions may be submitted to TSAE and we will answer them to the best of our ability with the information available at that time.