New Ideas Safety Plan
TSAE, Visit Corpus Christi, the American Bank Center, and Omni Corpus Christi are committed to making the 2021 New Ideas Annual Conference a safe event. Below are the safety precautions and procedures that will be in place throughout the event.
Decisions will be informed by CDC guidelines, as well as local rules and recommendations.
Measures may be adjusted between now and the event so please check back here regularly for the most up-to-date information. Significant updates will be communicated to registered attendees and the final plan will be distributed prior to the event.
As of May 3, 2021.
- Conference registration is currently capped at 350 attendees to allow for social distancing in the General Sessions, educational breakouts, and social events. This may increase as we get closer to the event.
- General Session and breakout room seating layout and options will be shared here when they are final (no later than August 31) and with all attendees prior to arrival.
- Attendees are required to wear a face covering at all times while entering and inside the American Bank Center, where all education and most day events will take place, per current city-mandated requirements, except when actively eating or drinking. Learn more about American Bank Center Safety Guidelines
- Attendees are required to wear a face covering at all times while entering and inside common spaces at the Omni Corpus Christi, except when actively eating or drinking. Learn more about the “Omni Safe & Clean” initiative
- Masks will be required anytime you are on bus transportation (between Omni and the American Bank Center, as well as during excursions). The American Bank Center is an approximately 15-minute walk from the Omni.
- Masks will not be required at outdoor social events, but are encouraged when social distancing is not possible.
- Registration will be minimal touch.
- Attendees will be asked to complete a self-assessment each day prior to arrival. Results will not be asked to be shared for admittance, but we ask that you keep the safety of yourself and fellow attendees in mind. There are currently no plans to conduct attendee temperature checks.
- Food and beverage service details will be shared at a later date but will be handled with the utmost attention to safety.
- Specific details for excursions will be shared at a later date. Should you want to change or opt out of your originally selected excursion, you may do so with Visit Corpus Christi after you arrive on site.
- As of now, we are only accepting full conference registrations. Monday-only and guest ticket options will be opened closer to the event if capacity allows.
- Additional questions may be submitted to TSAE and we will answer them to the best of our ability with the information available at that time.