Call for Member-Led Conference Sessions
TSAE's New Ideas Task Force is seeking member-led sessions for the 2018 New Ideas Annual Conference (September 16-18, Dallas).
Consider the areas and questions below to jumpstart your thinking. Look at the work your organization has done to improve or innovate in these areas of association management and how it could help peers or stimulate conversations.
If you have any questions or wish to talk through an idea, contact Education Director Aaron Hernandez, CAE at 512-444-1974.
Breakout sessions are 1 hour and 15 minutes in duration and occur concurrently in groups of 5-6. Additional, but limited, 30-minute opportunities are also available.
Presenters selected to lead sessions receive complementary registration for New Ideas 2018 ($645 value).
Possible topic areas:
What are you doing to increase and engage more members to your organization?
Have you adopted a new membership model or developed a pilot program?
How are you surveying members about their experience and what have you learned from those processes?
- How are you working together with your board to achieve strategic goals for your organization?
- How are you engaging members to serve and participate?
- How has your organization successfully created an environment strategic thinking and innovation?
- How have you used automation or free/cheap tools to improve marketing and communications efficiency on a small staff?
- How are you promoting membership renewals, events, and services to your membership?
- How are you leveraging social media successfully?
- What changes have you made to your publications that have provided an opportunity to advance the organization?
- What challenges were you able to overcome using a technology solution?
- What processes did you take to deploy a new system? What were things you wish you had known before?
- How are you protecting your network and internal systems from cybercrime?
- How is technology influencing your work environment and team effectiveness?
- How are your preparing for the next legislative session?
- How do you work with your members to create campaigns that help influence and educate?
- How did you select your contracted lobbyist and what processes have your undertaken to stay informed and supervise?
Meeting Planning and Events
- What innovations have you made to you conference to create an improved attendee experience?
- What tools and processes are you using to help support you event and how has it streamline the development and execution of your event?
- How are identifying, and guiding speakers or panels to develop and facilitate engaging education sessions?
- How are you leading your organization staff to be effective, collaborative and innovative?
- What practices have you put into place to promote and create a positive and productive work culture?