New Ideas Annual Conference
2019 Education Sessions
Full education schedule and descriptions coming soon.
Pre-Conference TSAE Lab (Sunday, 9:00 - 11:30 am)
From Trendspotting to Implementation—An Interactive Guide to Smart Event Design
Kelly Peacy, CAE, CMP, Founder & CEO
We hear a lot about experience design, but where do we start and how do we operationalize our ideas? This interactive workshop will provide you with the concepts and tools you need to take action within your association events. We’ll take a deep-dive into how to analyze and assess event trends for your respective audiences and how these trends might translate into experience design ideas. We’ll then roll up our sleeves to explore key design concepts and the toolbox you need to turn those ideas into reality. Additional registration required.
Opening Keynote (Sunday, 2:30 - 3:45 pm)
The Power of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: The Keys to a Sustainable Future
Doug Harris, CEO, The Kaleidoscope Group, LLC
Our opening dynamic keynote will address the importance of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in organizational sustainability.
Doug will also explore the 3 C's: Commitment, Course and Competence as frameworks in developing a successful, long-term strategy.
Closing Brunch Session (Tuesday, 10:00 - 11:30 am)
Everyone Has a Story
JT McCormick, President and CEO of Scribe Media
JT McCormick is a successful CEO, but that’s not where he started. He started as the son of a pimp and an orphan. JT McCormick knows what it’s like to have a story that you’re itching to tell the world. He knows how overwhelming that urge can be and how it’s all too easy to convince yourself that your story is not worth telling. More than anything, he knows that you’re wrong. Everyone has a story that could positively impact the lives of others. As a sought-after keynote speaker, he shares his story with audiences around the world. As the CEO of Scribe, he helps others do the same. Raised in the worst part of Dayton, OH, he spent his childhood bouncing from home to home, in and out of juvenile detention centers, and was even homeless for a time. He was neglected, starved, and sexually abused as a child.
Deep Dive (Monday, 1:45 - 4:45 pm)
Finance for Association Professionals
Pam Shull, Trainer, Max Muller Associates
Session description coming soon.
Deep Dive included in conference registration. Participating in Deep Dive excludes you from taking part in a Galveston Experience. Deep Dive participants earn an additional 1.75 CAE hours.
Concurrent Education Session Topics Include:
- The 3C's for a Successful Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Strategy: The Role Leader's Play
- Use Customer Journey Maps to Improve Member Experience
- CEO Roundtable
- Sponsorship Panel
- Say What?! How to Communicate Anything to Anyone
- Big Event Impact with Limited Resources
- I Want a Divorce—Why Members Leave and How We Can Make Them Stay
- Sweat the Small Stuff: How to Keep Your Top Talent from Becoming Someone Else's
- Communicate With Strength - Key Words That Undermine Your Effectiveness
- POSTabilities - Evergreen Content Ideas to Reignite Your Social Media Conversations
- Driving Change: How to Lead & Succeed During Transformational Times
- Practical Presence: Empower Your Mindset Shift
- Workplace Culture Panel
- How to Measure Social Media ROI
- Wag More, Bark Less - Reducing Negativity in Your Association
- Association Content Marketing Strategies for Increased Lead Generation
- Board Engagement – In and Out of the Boardroom
- Learning to Lead with Foresight
- The Future of Work
- Lead the Change You Want: Sparking a Culture of Innovation Through Effective Communications
- Legislative Interaction: How Associations Can Influence the Legislature
- Meeting Planning Hot Topics Roundtable
Full Conference: 9.5
Additional Deep Dive: 1.75
Additional Pre-Con Lab: 2.5 (requires additional registration)