Essentials of Nonprofit Profession
Essentials of the Nonprofit Profession Online Certificate Program
- Next class begins May 1, 2014 - THIS WILL BE THE LAST CLASS OFFERED
- Takes place online at your pace
- CAE Hours: 30
- TSAE members $695; non member $795
- Moderated by Sandra Nelson, CAE, Director, Governance and Operations, Texas Pharmacy Association
Nonprofits are small businesses—and they are managed by both paid professionals and volunteers. The many facets of nonprofit management are often learned through trial and error, years of on-the-job training, and continuing education. However, now you can get valuable training online through this certificate program.
This 12-week program provides nonprofit and association leaders and staff professionals with a practical, effective, comprehensive, and convenient learning experience. It covers all aspects of association management and includes online study plus print-based study modules covering the domains of association management.
As you progress through the modules, you will also participate in online discussions about program topics with your peers. You'll also have the opportunity to ask an experienced association executive to clarify key points and answer content-related questions online. This sessions's moderator is Sandra Nelson, CAE, Director, Governance and Operations, Texas Pharmacy Association.
Earn 30 CAE hours on your time and receive a certificate to add to your resume!
Who Should Attend
- CEOs/CSEs who want to sharpen their association management knowledge
- Individuals assuming the reins as an association CEO/CSE
- Association staff professionals aspiring to a leadership position
- Staff professionals desiring a greater understanding of association management
- Leaders and others with a broad knowledge of association management who want to learn more about specific functions
- Volunteer leaders and others accountable for association results who seek greater association management knowledge
- Acquire knowledge of the 10 domains of association management
- Improve your knowledge of specific areas of association management
- Learn from and network with peers and CAEs
- Earn 30 hours of CAE credit for completing this program successfully
- Prepare yourself for the CAE examination
Self-assessment keeps you focused
Your time is valuable, so this program is designed to maximize learning when and where you need it. The computer-based pre-test helps you determine your current level of knowledge and identify the areas of study that will benefit you the most.
You set the pace
As you progress through the program, computer-based application exercises and module-specific tests will help you determine when you’ve mastered the content and are ready to move on.
Essentials of the Nonprofit Profession Certificate Program is delivered anywhere convenient for you to study — putting executive insight and knowledge at your fingertips. The flexible and self-paced design makes progressive learning in all domains of association management accessible.
The seven modules and CD-ROM that comprise this program represent a compendium of literally hundreds of books, white papers, articles, Web sites, and other research related to association management.
Module One Topics
- Associations as an industry
- Strategic planning
Module Two Topics
- Leadership and volunteer management
- Human resource management
Module Three Topics
- Government relations
- Strategic alliances
- Component relations
Module Four Topics
- Strategic marketing
Module Five Topics
- Using technology effectively
Module Six Topics
- Education, meetings, expositions
- Accreditation and certification
Module Seven Topics
TSAE is a CAE Approved Provider. Every program that we offer which qualifies for CAE credit will clearly identify the number of CAE credits granted for full participation, and we will maintain records of your participation in accord with CAE policies.